Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Who is Chastity DeCuir?

The short answer is, “I don’t know yet.” Like Alice, through the looking glass, I knew who I was when I came into this wood, but now I can’t quite remember. Like the Chinese conundrum, I wonder, “Am I a woman dreaming I am a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming I am a woman?” Times up, turn in your papers.

Long answer: Although I swore I would keep Real Life (RL) and Second Life (SL) completely separate, I have not done so. Not entirely. So here are some of the leaks that have become common knowledge among my SL friends: Chastity is indeed my name in RL (I think my mother had s weird sense of humor), DeCuir is not. I live on the East Coast of the United States of America (EST). I am a working actress, who also works in a bar, and does freelance graphic work. I also used to sculpt, before SL started sapping all my free time. As of this writing, I am 26 years old, I am of Chinese, Japanese, Hawaiian, and Irish descent in almost equal proportions, I am goth, I have numerous piercings, and I am a lesbian.

From this platform, I spring into uncharted depths. I intend to chronicle my journey through Second Life on these pages. Any adult is welcome to tag along if they care to. I hope the journey will be as interesting to you as it is proving to be to me.

No comments: